Need to clear a blocked drain?
CRA plumbing has an in-built Racejet BOSS 5000 Water Jetter.
We can clear drains easily in one visit. Here are some of the most common questions about water jetters:
What is a water jetter?
A water jetter is a drain clearing machine that combines the use of a motor and pump to deliver water at very high volumes and pressures to cut whatever is in its way.
What are the benefits of using a water jetter?
- one man operation
- quick set up
- versatility and flexibility to get into remote locations
- higher level of accuracy - does a better job at clearing all blockages
- thorough root removal ability
- No mess when working in a house or office
- Average choke cleared in half the time
- Scrubs the inside of the pipes using water only, without damaging the pipes
- Uses less water than an eel when testing drain after job (averages 100 litres per job)
What is better – a water jetter or electric eel?
Water jetter technology is great for root cutting, removal of mineral deposits and corrosion, industrial pipe and tube cleaning and removing chemical waste, grease, hair and food blockages in drains. Electric Eels clear pipes but can leave debris which can cause future blockages.
When is a water jetter required?
If your drain cannot be unblocked by first trying to plunge the drainage lines
What causes blockages
- Tree roots in the pipes
- Grease build up
- On building sites when pipes get blocked with building debris
- Septic issues
- Garden debris - Leaves, mud
- Washing powder / soap
- Items dropped / flushed down the toilet.(Toilet Deodorant containers)
- Food waste
- Great volumes of Toilet paper